About Us and Our Mission
YourPediatrician.com, Inc. is a private company founded by a practicing board certified pediatrician and internist. With the help of our computer software developer, author and college educator, we are able to bring state of the art web-based services and pediatric-oriented materials and products to pediatricians and their patients/families.
Content is written and edited by Dr. Steven J. Halm, Founder of YourPediatrician.com.
Dr. Halm is an internist and pediatrician with over 25 years of medical practice in both private practice and academic medicine. He maintains dual board certification from two separate national medical boards, the American Board of Pediatrics and the American Board of Internal Medicine. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics (FAAP), and a Fellow of the American College of Physicians (FACP). He has taught medical students as an Adjunct Assistant Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at UNC-Chapel Hill School of Medicine in NC, as a full-time Associate Professor of Clinical Sciences and the Medical Director of the Clinical Evaluation Center (medical simulation center) at the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine in Lewisburg, WV and most recently . He as an Associate Professor of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics and the Assistant Dean and Chair of Simulation Medicine at Campbell University's School of Osteopathic Medicine in North Carolina.
- To provide a convenient way for parents of babies and toddlers to comply with the recommendations made by their own pediatricians.
- To provide current, concise and easy to understand safety information to parents.
- To heighten awareness of children's safety issues thus preventing avoidable accidents.
- To provide a web site that pediatricians have confidence in, and feel comfortable recommending to their patients' families.
- To provide a web site that has an abundance of practical and relevant information for use by both parents, pediatricians and those interested in pediatrics as a career.